- Herbal teas, especially Echinacea teas are excellent therapeutic home remedies for Bladder Infection treatment. Herbs like goldenseal, parsley root, yarrow, horsetail, uva ursi, rose hip, lemon balm, dandelion etc also serve as useful Bladder Infection natural remedies.
- Taking hot baths helps to reduce Bladder Infection related inflammations.
- Having a combination of some cucumber juice mixed with one teaspoon of lime juice and two teaspoons of honey is one of the simplest yet effective Bladder Infection home remedies. For best results, take this remedy in the morning.
- Drinking half a cup of unsweetened cranberry juice twice per day is regarded as one of the most successful natural home remedies for Bladder Infections cure. Taking cranberry extract tablets is also beneficial in healing this problem naturally.
- Vegetable juices like that of radish and bottle gourd are the best home remedies for Bladder Infection symptoms like pain and burning sensation.
- Having a glass of water mixed with two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar and some honey is one of the most popular natural cures for Bladder Infections.
- Boil about five or six stalks of asparagus stalks in some water and drink the resultant solution to get rid of Bladder Infection. Follow this home remedy two to three times per day for about five days.
Fresh Vegetable Juices
Fresh raw vegetable juices are good for detoxing the kidneys. Celery, parsley and young dandelion leaves are particularly beneficial to include in vegetable juices. Also include include apple, asparagus, beet, (beetroot), broccoli, cabbage, carrot, celery, cranberry, cucumber, endive, grape, melon and watermelon.
For bladder disorders drink fresh vegetable juices that include beet (beetroot) , cabbage, carrot, cucumber, endive, spinach and watercress.
Here is a good kidney cleanse recipe. Wash and juice the following:
- 4 Stalks Celery
- 3 Sprigs Parsley
- 1 Cucumber
- Half a lemon
Bladder Infections Recipe:
- 2 stalks Asparagus
- 2 Carrots
- 4 stalks celery
- ½ cup cranberry juice
Watermelon Kidney Detox
One easy way to do a kidney cleanse is to purchase a few large melons and whizz up the flesh in a blender. Include some of the seeds as well if they are organic. Drink as much as you can throughout the day and regularly empty your bladder.
Potassium broth is also good for cleansing the kidneys. There are a number of recipes for this. The basic idea is to simmer the vegetables long enough to draw out the potassium and other minerals so that you have a mineral rich liquid to help the body cleanse. It is important to use organic vegetables to avoid consuming toxic insecticides, pesticides or inorganic chemical fertilizers while you are on a cleansing program. It does not have to be exact. Make it to your taste.
- 4 carrots
- 2 red potatoes with skin
- 1 onion
- 2 stalks celery
- 1/2 bunch parsley
- 1/2 head green cabbage
- 1 large beet
- 1 clove garlic, crushed.
Wash and chop all the vegetables. Put in a large pan. Add enough pure water to cover vegetables, bring to boil, put on lid and simmer gently for 1 hour. Strain well pushing the vegetables down well with the back of a spoon to extract all the liquid. Drink only the broth. Put the vegetables in your compost. Left over broth can be stored in the fridge for 2 days.
Dietary recommendations for UTIs
What dietary factors are important in a bladder infection?
The most important dietary recommendation is to increase the quantity of liquids consumed. Ideally, the liquids should be in the form of pure water, herbal teas, and fresh fruit and vegetable juices diluted with at least an equal amount of water. If you have a bladder infection, you should drink at least 64 ounces of liquids from this group, with at least half of this amount being water. You should also avoid such liquids as soft drinks, concentrated fruit drinks, coffee, and alcoholic beverages.
Cranberry juice is particularly beneficial in the treatment of bladder infections. Several clinical studies have shown consuming 16 ounces of cranberry juice per day produces beneficial effects in roughly seven out of ten subjects with active bladder infections. Cranberry juice appears even more effective in preventing bladder infections. Cranberry juice reduces the ability of E. coli to adhere to the lining of the bladder. In order for bacteria to infect, they must first adhere to this mucosal lining. By interfering with adherence, cranberry juice greatly reduces the likelihood of infection and helps the body fight off infection. Blueberry juice is a suitable alternative to cranberry juice in treating bladder infections.