We talk about beauty every day. But what do we really mean? In simple terms, being graceful and inspiring from the inside out is what makes you beautiful – your true beauty.
Ask yourself, what happens when we strip away the latest buzz of wellness trends? Or remove the business of conventional modern living?
We find beautiful ways to enhance our natural beauty just by going back to basics.
Then ask yourself, how many creams, injectables, powders, diets, endless streams of promising methods to make you love yourself – or at least make others love you – have you tried (and spent money on)?
I believe that true beauty is when someone exudes health, inner peace, serenity and kindness. This is what makes one magnetic. No amount of money will make you truly beautiful, only what comes from within.
Let that sink in for a moment… and then consider the following.
Being free of body obsession, face obsession, material obsession or self-critical obsession is attractive.
What you do daily to develop inner peace is what shines and makes you glow.
Your health: what you eat, how you think, how much you give of yourself, your kindness and love – this is what makes you magnetic.
As you age, be aware that your body is transitioning into new phases. As with every milestone, this is something to be celebrated. Don’t hide your age, be ashamed or feel you have no value. Ageing is a gift, honour it. This is wisdom and beauty. Every time we draw breath is the most wonderful gift. With good health of mind and body, we can achieve anything.
Let go and surrender
Let go… instead of trying to control and perfect. It is never too late to recreate yourself, or better yet – just be who YOU were always meant to be before all the programming. Let go of all the toxic self-judgment and destructive forces in your life.
Invest in the beautiful you
If I could give you some advice it would be to:
- Nourish yourself with sunshine, spring water, fresh air, natural food and good relationships, especially the one you have with yourself.
- Invest in nutritious food and nutraceuticals so that you can live a life that is filled with vitality and energy, and think long term. Food in itself is a pro-ageing strategry For example – eat some organic blueberries – they’re packed with antioxidants and more effective than most cosmetics. Or try quitting sugar – I’ve seen the most incredible results with clients who’ve removed sugar from their diets. Healthspan is the currency of the future.
- Focus on your elimination organs (skin, liver, kidneys, bowels, lungs) and make sure they are not overworked and toxic.
- Remove addictive substances, not because you want to be skinny, but because they don’t make you feel good on the inside.
- Up your self-care investment and live closer to nature. Walk barefoot on the grass.
- Exercise because you love it and it makes you feel good, not because you hate your body.
- Buy something beautiful because it makes you feel good. Not because of the label or what people perceive you to have and be. Try wearing essential oils instead of perfumes.
- Surround yourself with beautiful things. Envelop yourself with beauty in your home for YOU. This could mean creating a space that makes you happy. Not for status.
- Focus on getting on some early nights. Get 7 to 9 hours of good quality sleep.
- Leave your skin make-up free as much as possible and get to know your products and their ingredients. Keep them as close to nature as possible.
- Let go of any set rigidity and labels, no matter how righteous it may seem. One must be willing to adapt.
Start by adding in a few good things to your day and life. You will eventually start craving and learning more about these wellness practices that are in fact innate to us.
Forever grow and adapt
I recommend as women we read and learn, keep growing and exploring. Our experience is not based on all the “things we can buy” but rather on how much we give to ourselves and others. This is priceless.
One of my favourite reads on the subject of true beauty is Norma Kamali’s ‘I am Invincible’.
Choose today to live your best life, with love and kindness, humility, faith in yourself and your loved ones, and in this beautiful human experience.
You ARE beautiful. Believe it.