1. Wheat. All wheat contains gluten and this irritates the gut. So, give your insides a week’s break.
2. Milk. It’s the most common food allergen and most people produce antibodies to it. In other words, it causes your immune system to react. It’s also mucus forming. Give your system a week off milk and all dairy products.
3. Caffeine. This might be the hardest part if you’re addicted. But that’s the point. Caffeine is an addictive toxin that makes your liver work hard to detoxify it. If you can bear it, cut out caffeine for one week. If not, then two cups of green tea a day is the thin edge of the wedge.
4. Alcohol. Of course, this is your liver’s worst enemy. Take a break for a week.
What to eat and drink:
1. Drink 8 glasses of water a day. After all, your body is 66% water and this alone will help you detoxify.
2. Eat superfoods to spring-clean your system including fresh apricots, cantaloupe, citrus fruits, kiwi, papayas, peaches, mangoes, melons, red grapes and all types of berries. Vegetables that are especially good for detoxification include artichokes, peppers, beets, Brussels sprouts, broccoli, red cabbage, carrots, cauliflower, cucumber, kale, pumpkin, spinach, sweet potato, tomato, watercress, and bean and seed sprouts.
3. Take liver-detoxifying supplements like Marcus Rohrer Spirulina, it is nutrient rich and loaded with essential nutrients. It cleansed and restores while giving you energy.
4. Make you evening meal just a salad and steamed vegetables with some olive oil and lemon juice. This will give your liver a break.
5. Eat fruit for breakfast, but only one type, don’t mix them.
6. Eat your protein at lunch time, some fresh fish and vegetables is a great lunch!